Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want a product manager who wants to take on the complexities of cloud monetization and developer experience to create a simple, lovable experience for our users.
We are looking for a passionate, results oriented, and motivated self-starter to lead the product within our Monetization and Developer experience team. Bring your expertise in pricing, billing, compliance/controls, and customer experience, which includes our own API and CLI (Doctl). Reporting to the VP of Product the Senior Product Manager will build end-to-end monetization experiences for our new and existing products as well as our marketplace of partner offerings. You will lead a matrixed cross-functional team including Product Design & Engineering, Finance, Security, Marketing and customer success to develop new products and capabilities for DigitalOcean.
This role is a great opportunity for experienced Product Managers with expertise in Billing, Pricing, and Developer Experiences (APIs/CLIs/SDKs) who want to have a real impact, both within the company and in the developer community at large, and launch products that are used and loved by hundreds of thousands of developers worldwide.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple experiences for both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Help gather and define requirements for pricing, billing, and financial compliance/controls across the full suite of DigitalOcean products and features.
- Develop the Developer Tools, APIS and UX product strategy and vision and translate it into creative, high quality, simple features.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure requirements and user stories drive an amazing customer experience while meeting our business needs.
- Develop business cases and model unit economics for new products and features.
- Act as Product Owner in the development process, creating epics and user stories, and prioritizing and grooming the product backlog.
- Drive a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Ability to collaborate and lead a matrixed cross-functional Product Development team
- Hands-on, proven experience and domain knowledge in pricing, billing, and compliance/controls ideally for a set of complex products and services.
- Ability to analyze data and articulate user hypotheses in terms of objective measures, and project the impact of billing and pricing changes.
- An understanding of the challenges that developers face when selecting an infrastructure platform, and a vision for how great products and clear pricing can help
- Track record of success building and managing a portfolio of developer-focused products, such as SDKs, tools, APIs, CLIs or platforms.
- Technical knowledge to collaborate with engineering teams on a highly technical product and advocate for a customer base made up of professional developers
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to drive productive meetings, create effective and useful product documents
- Working knowledge of technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, and distributed systems are a plus
- Demonstrable empathy for customers and stakeholders
- MBA a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.