Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data and product.
We've helped travellers book 1 million nights over in 2019 while growing profitably at +100% a year. FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that opens minds to new ideas, cultures and ways of thinking. Our mission is to GET EVERY TRAVELLER THE BEST ACCOMMODATION DEAL, WORLDWIDE. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we want to empower travellers by offering them the most accommodation options and the best possible deals.
We are a talented and highly diverse team based in Amsterdam. We grow fast, we aim high, and we look forward to coming to work and reaching for our goals. We are looking for a seasoned, passionate customer support leader to join us on our journey to becoming a global travel leader.
The Head of Customer support will lead our team's mission to provide the highest possible standard of support for travellers.
What you'll do:
- Own our support and service endeavours end-to-end; make sure that excellent service is a part of the best deals we give our users.
- Plan how to build the best service and support operation in the travel industry, from vision to details, systems and personnel, policies and methodologies
- Establish, collect, and report KPIs while defining ambitious OKRs as well as effective strategies for their realization. Report on individual and team metrics with clear expectations
- Recruit, onboard, scale and continually nurture our customer happiness representatives
- Create the needed policies, guidelines, SLA and everything required for our representatives to know how to handle customer issues
- Be the champion of the users and make sure that the entire company aims towards preventing and solving problems.
- Understand what delights customers, and act on it
- Liaise and collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to ensure that the right tools, systems and data are in place
Read more about our current state of support (and where do we go from now?) in our blog
Who you are:
- Experienced leader of global customer support operation in a B2C technology-oriented and online company.
- Broad experience supervising and professionally developing a team of 15+ individuals, with 2+ direct reports in supervisory roles
- Proven experience in building a scalable 24/7, multi-locale, customer support organization. Capable of balancing quality and scale, automation and the human touch.
- Knowledgeable about all the possible channels through which we can communicate with people - phone, email, chat, social and messaging.
- Able to define requirements and oversee the implementation of various back-office systems - CRM, customer support systems, telephony services, etc.
- You can demonstrate genuine empathy and the ability to take the initiative to solve pain points at scale.
- Player-coach mentality, a leader who leads by example and can also get into the details to support the team
- Resilient, composed and agile under pressure and constantly-evolving circumstances
- Excellent, native/bilingual English, both written and verbally.
- Based in a time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+4 (for remote candidates)
- Successfully implementing an automated response system (e.g. a chatbot).
- Experience scaling chat and social messaging channels
- Experience in the accommodation industry
Why join us now?
- Our support operation is in its very early stages, and we have to create a top-notch service this year. It's a huge challenge and opportunity.
- We continue to hire and grow, look at how we not only survived the Corona-crisis but also thrived.
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features.
- We are in fast-growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% Year-Over-Year for the past two years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you'll collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- Being part of a profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden.